Sunday, October 21, 2012

Communities for Life

I have just returned from a week in the north eastern Goldfields. Having spent time in, and passed through, a number of towns, I have reflected on the concept of community.

Baptistcare's tagline is "Communities for Life", but what are those things that make up a community? Over the next few posts, I want to talk about some of the towns I have been to in the last week and share my thoughts on community.

In the meantime, here's a thought from Cesar Chavez, American activist and Labor organiser (1927-1993). He had this to say about community:

“We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community... Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.”  


1 comment:

  1. I consider communities are vital to enriching lives, having recently been to a conference over in melbourne being with like and not so like minded people adds a richness to the experience.

    ReplyDelete